The internet age has made is very easy to start a business without purchasing or carrying product in large part to affiliate marketing and drop shipping.
On my website, I have written about affiliate marketing extensively however in this post I am going to focus on drop shipping and specially the online training course Zero Up.
With affiliate marketing, you promote a product and receive a commission when it is sold through your online promotion.
With drop shipping, you sell a product at a retail price through an online store and have it shipped directly to the consumer from the supplier. So let’s take a look at Zero Up and what it could mean for you if you what to start a drop shipping business.
(***Affiliate links populate this page which means if you click through and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission – at no cost to you- which is used to pay for this web page. Thank you. ***)
What is Zero Up?
Zero Up is an online training course that is devoted to drop shipping. It provides a process to get started with drop shipping. It was created by Fred Lam and utilizes the Shopify platform.
Zero Up is a training program for aspiring drop shippers and it includes software that you can use to grow your drop shipping business.
With the training and software, you will set up and online store that is web ready, have a way to automate the tracking and fulfillment of orders, build an effective sales funnel to attract web traffic and customers, and automate the process to up sell your customers and improve your profits.
Zero Up is for anyone that wants to create and build a successful drop shipping business.
With Zero Up, you will:
- Quickly create an online Shopify store
- Utilize a product engine to select from millions of products to sell from
- Have access to 100% order fulfillment automation
- Have access to email integration with auto responder to target customers and reply quickly to customer inquiries
- Build a powerful sales funnel
The training course consists of 10 modules with videos and resources
- Module 1 Store Creation
- Module 2 Inventory Arbitrage
- Module 3 Turbocharging Your Store
- Module 4 Building a Powerful Sales Funnel
- Module 5 Advertising
- Module 6 Store Managemnet
- Module 7 Web Traffic
- Module 8 Zero Up Jewels
- Module 9 Weekly Boot camp
- Module 10 Zero Up Bonuses
Who is Fred Lam?
Fred Lam was a dish washer that became a very successful online “serial” entrepreneur. He has developed training courses and software that has many of his students earn six figure incomes.
He was the youngest Marketing Manager for BMW Canada. He has been the CEO of many multi-million dollar businesses.
He is an award-winning marketer and entrepreneur. He has a very good reputation in the online drop shipping industry.
Is Zero Up a Scam?
The simple answer is No. Zero Up is a comprehensive online training course that will assist you in creating and developing a very successful online business.
The one downside is the cost which I will discuss in this post. If you want to learn more about Zero Up without the large investment get a copy of Fred Lam’s audio book Starting from Zero for just $1.99 or If you are looking for an inexpensive alternative then check out my number one recommendation for getting started with an online business.
Fred Lam is a very good reputation and the program lives up to his name.
Zero Up: Let’s Take A Closer Look
Zero Up includes over 100 training videos which amounts to close to 50 hours of training on drop shipping in addition to the ZeroUp software to get your business up and running. The training modules are as follows:
Module 1 Store Creation
- Here you will there all the nuts and bolts about drop shipping. He gives suggestions on niche selection.
- He discusses the importance of business structure through the proper legal framework. He discusses purchasing a domain as well as branding your store.
- He guides you through setting up your Shopify store and introduces you to the Zero Up software.
Module 2 Inventory Arbitrage
- This is an introduction to the drop shipping business model. He shows you where to find suppliers and products.
- He shows you how to utilize the software to find advertisements for your products. He shares with you a list of “Top Selling” products to consider.
- He discusses how to increase perceived value, utilize proper pricing strategies, and how to properly utilize product descriptions.
Module 3 Turbo Charging Your Store
- This is an introduction to the use of apps that can increase web traffic and customer interest.
- He goes into detail about sales funnels and which software apps are helpful for this part of the business.
Module 4 Creating a Sales Funnel
- Fred emphasizes the importance of sales funnels and introduces you to more features of the Zero Up software such as The Funnel Builder and The Profit Multiplier.
- These features are very valuable and useful and almost makes the investment in Zero Up completely worth it alone. Fred focuses on increasing your average order value (AOV).
Module 5 Advertising Your Store
- The focus here is on social media and especially Facebook.
- You will learn all the ins and outs of Facebook advertising. He goes into detail on how to scale your ads. This module is outstanding and the information is very valuable.
Module 6 Store Management
- The focus in this module is daily routine, addressing customer issues, and dealing with customer refunds.
Module 7 Traffic Genius
- This is a focused course on Google and Bing Ads. The Bing Ad information is unique and valuable and make the investment worthwhile as well.
Module 8 – Zero Up Jewels
- The description is in the name.
Module 9 – Weekly Boot camp
- This is a weekly training sessions for all Zero Up members from Fred himself.
Module 10 – Bonus Training
- The focus is primarily on managing email marketing and other influencers. There are some real knowledge nuggets here for Zero Up members.
How much does Zero Up cost?
Zero Up is not a cheap program.
You can get the entire program for about $1600. (You can pay a one time payment of $1497 or 3 payments of $597).
The value of the program including training, software, and bonuses is valued over $30,000 so you are getting a good value for your investment.
Pros and Cons
- Choose your own niche and sell what interests you.
- You don’t need any experience to be successful with this program
- The software automates most processes that are inherited with drop shipping
- It comes with effective tools to assist you with social media, especially Facebook Ads
- The program helps with auto responders for email inquiry which is very important in the drop shipping business.
- No need to buy product or carry inventory
- You are buying a legitimate online business model with comprehensive training and software.
- The information could be overwhelming if you are new to eCommerce
- Some of the information found within Zero Up can be found for free online.
- It relies heavily on Shopify which limits other online marketplaces such as Amazon.
- Drop shipping is a very competitive business.
- The cost
As you can tell from my review, I am neither endorsing nor disapproving of Zero Up. It really depends on you and what you are trying to do.
If you are wanting to get into the drop shipping business, this good training and information.
However, if you are just interested in starting an online business with very little upfront investment then let me recommend affiliate marketing.
Check out my number one recommendation for making money online:Affiliate Marketing with Wealthy Affiliate
Other Online Opportunities
I believe that Zero Up is a very good training program if you are interested in drop shipping. The fact that is comes with software that will allow you to hit the ground running make it a real value despite the high cost to purchase it.
It is worth the investment? Well you will have to decide that for yourself. I hope this review of Zero Up has been helpful to you. If you want more information on Zero Up then check out Starting from Zero with Fred Lam.
If you have questions or comments, please leave them below.
Effective Social Media Tools7.5/10
- Excellent Training
- Very Good Software
- Effective Tools
- Product limitations
- Some outdated information