- What is Salehoo?
- What is Salehoo for?
- What is Drop shipping?
- Salehoo Basics
- The Online Suppliers Directory
- The Salehoo Dashboard
- Training and Support
- Salehoo Price
- Salehoo Pros and Cons
- Final Thoughts
- Read More about Drop shipping
- Other Online Opportunities
- Check out my number one recommendation for making money online: Affiliate Marketing with Wealthy Affiliate
Are you considering starting an online business? How about drop shipping? If you are considering drop shipping as an online business model, you may be aware that one of the most difficult aspects of this business model is finding reliable suppliers and manufactures of products that can be sold online. The drop shipping model is great, and many people are making money doing it but where can you find products to sell. This is where Salehoo comes into play and I will discuss it in detail in this post.
(***Affiliate links populate this page which means if you click through and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission – at no cost to you- which is used to pay for this web page. Thank you. ***)
What is Salehoo?
Salehoo is a web-based directory and online tool and platform that assists drop shippers in finding products to sell online and the suppliers of those products. The directory has products that are available for almost any niche you can think of.
The platform goes beyond just being a supplier directory. Salehoo offers training, customer support, and a community forum for members that are actively looking to build a drop shipping business.
Salehoo was started in 2005 in New Zealand. Currently, the directory has 1000s (over 8000 as of the writing of this post) of suppliers that offer members millions of products (they claim to have about 2.5 million products to choose from). Many of the brands of products on Salehoo are major brands that you can find in any online marketplace. The suppliers are all over the world including the United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, and China. Salehoo was started by Simon Slade. Simon started as an online store owner who had difficulty finding suppliers for the products, he wanted to sale, so he started a directory to bring wholesalers, liquidators, direct manufacture, and drop shippers in one place. This allows drop shippers to search, find, and compare products from verified sellers (no scammers are allowed on the directory) and make decisions based on selling rates and profit margins. It has received an A+ accreditation from the Better Business Bureau, which adds to its legitimacy.
What is Salehoo for?
Salehoo is a legitimate online directory and platform that assists drop shippers. It is for those people that what to build a successful online drop shipping business. It offers drop shippers a way to find products, suppliers, and information that is necessary in order to start and build a success drop shipping business. You can utilize an online store or use an online marketplace such as eBay, Amazon, or Shopify to sell the products.
What is Drop shipping?
I have written a post that goes into more detail on the drop shipping business model, read it here. It is an online business model where you set up an online store, the customer (the end user) buys from you, and the product purchased to sent directly to the customer from the supplier.
The Online Suppliers Directory
- This online directory is a listing of drop shipping and wholesale suppliers that are wanting to build an online store. The suppliers a verified by Salehoo to ensure they are legitimate and trustworthy. One of the difficulties in finding good suppliers is finding suppliers that are not scammers. Salehoo solves this problem by ensuring that all suppliers in their directory are legitimate. All suppliers on the directory have contact information, product ranges, and reviews from other drop shippers.
The Salehoo Dashboard
- The platform is easily navigated thanks to an easy to use dashboard. Here you can find everything you need on the platform. You can save transactions with the suppliers you find and work with. This makes everything easy to find and use.
Training and Support
- This is important whether you are new to drop shipping or have been doing it for some time. They have many step-by-step guides and videos on how to sell, where to sell, and using different online marketplaces. The training is relevant for any niche. They have a market research tool that helps its members to find products to sell. This tool provides data on competition and sales rate so you have a better chance of finding a unique product that will stand out and you can sell. Salehoo provides a monthly sales report that provides trends in the marketplace that will give you an edge over competitors.
- Customer support is available through phone, email, and live chat. The customer support can help you find products.
- Salehoo, also, provides support and training on setting up your online store.
- You can join Salehoo for an annual fee of $67. It includes full access to the supplier directory, access to the community forum, access to the market research tool, access to all training materials, and full customer support.
Salehoo Pros and Cons
- A Great Directory of legitimate suppliers – This is very important because there are so many scams online. All suppliers on the Salehoo directory are verified and reviewed to ensure legitimacy. If fact suppliers are put through a rigorous process to ensure that genuine and legitimate products are being sold.
- Excellent training
- Excellent Market Research tools
- Great Customer Support – they are active and friendly. They work to help you find products with competitive pricing.
- An active member forum with over 100,000 members
- Low Cost to join – it cost less than $6 per month to be member
- Low Cost suppliers – this is important if you want to sell products with good profit margins.
- No up sells
- Good refund policy- they offer a 60-day money back guarantee
- Almost too many products to choose from
- Some products have very low profit margins
If you are looking to start an online business especially one that involves drop shipping, then Salehoo is a very good place to start. Salehoo offers everything you need to get started with drop shipping. I believe for the small investment it is a great platform to be a member of. I believe that being a part of this platform is a must for any serious drop shipper. Click here to check out Salehoo
Read More about Drop shipping
Zero Up by Fred Lam – an extensive training program drop shipping.
Other Online Opportunities